The Speech Circle is an independent Private Speech Therapy service based in Liverpool. It provides assessment and therapy to children with a range of Speech, Language and Communication difficulties. At The Speech Circle we value every child’s individuality and tailor sessions to meet their needs, by creating engaging and fun activities to help them build on their communication skills.
Therapy sessions are flexible around the needs of the child and their families. Sessions can be held both at home and within the educational setting.
We strive to train others in the skills needed to carry out effective therapy and support their children so that progress not only happens within therapy but in every day life too.
The Speech Circle is founded by Liz Fletcher, a Specialist Speech and Language Therapist, click on the ‘Meet Me’ page to find out more.
All of our Speech Therapists are registered with the Health Care Professions Council (HCPC) are full members of the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists (RCSLT) and the Association of Speech and Language Therapists in Independent Practice (ASLTIP).
- 1:1 therapy at home and in schools and nurseries
- Therapy sessions can be weekly, fortnightly or on an individual schedule
- Block booking of 4 and 8 weeks are available at a discounted rate
- Sessions are typically 60 minutes which includes feedback to parents and professionals
- Resources are provided by the Speech Therapist to support parents and caregivers in carrying out therapy outside of sessions
- Therapy can be carried out within the classroom setting and in designated areas
- Education Health and Care Plan assessments and reviews (EHCP)
- Discussions and joint goal setting with teachers and supporting staff is prioritised
- Feedback, progress review and problem solving after each session with the appropriate teacher
- Attendance at termly review meetings and class discussions available
- Screening Speech and Language assessments for early key stages
- Whole school and small group training sessions on a range of Speech, Language and Communication needs
- Focused inset training days and twilight sessions
- Specialist training on: Autism Friendly Environment, Communication Friendly Environment and Selective Mutism